PRC and HLURB license ceremony with JP Abecilla
Licensing Send-Off Ceremony and Broker’s Brief at Kwilin’s Headquarter

As a real estate agent, you would not want your client to doubt your reputation and get in trouble by not having your PRC and HLURB license. This is where an accredited agency, like Kwilin Realty and Brokerage, gets into the business of ensuring the license of every salesperson in their fold.

Based on the Agent Licensing Guidelines of Kwilin, you must 1) be a Kwilin-accredited agent with an agent ID; 2) have at least 72 units or 2 years in college; and, 3) have attended the Licensing Send-Off Ceremony and Broker’s Brief at Kwilin’s headquarter located in Guadalupe, Cebu City.

PRC and HLURB license ceremony

Before getting your PRC and HLURB license, you have to get Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units by attending a seminar conducted by NREA Cebu. You have to secure the Certificate of Attendance with 15 unit credits. The NREA seminar would cost you PHP3,100.00 including fees for the registration, surety bond, and Notarization of Certificate.

Getting Your PRC License

Though the Real Estate Service Act of the Philippines (Republic Act 9646) doesn’t require a real estate agent to pass a PRC qualifying examination, you still have to get accredited by “a real estate broker who is registered and licensed by the Professional Regulatory Board of Real Estate Service for or in expectation of a share in the commission, professional fee, compensation or other valuable consideration.” (Article 1, Sec. 3(g)(5) of RESA)

Requirements for PRC

  1. Original and photocopy of NSO/PSA Birth Certificate (for single individuals)
  2. Original and photocopy of NSO/PSA Marriage Certificate (for married individuals)
  3. Original and notarized photocopy of TOR on the completion of at least 72 college units
  4. Original NBI clearance (valid)
  5. Original and notarized certification of fifteen (15) credit units on CPD seminar attendance provided by NREA
  6. Photocopy of assigned broker’s ID with 3 specimen signatures
  7. Two (2) pieces of passport pictures with a name tag
  8. Photocopy of community tax certificate or cedula or any valid government-issued ID
  9. PRC form for real estate salesperson signed by broker
  10. Processing Fee: Php600.00
  11. Documentary Stamp: Php50.00
Getting Your HLURB License

The Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) license is required by the government for every real estate salesperson to ensure the safety and legitimacy of every transaction. According to Rule V, Sec. 13 of the revised implementing rules and regulations (IRRs) for Presidential Decree 957, “No broker or salesman shall engage in the business of selling subdivision lots or condominium units without securing a certificate of registration by filing with the Board a registration statement in quadruplicate…”

Requirements for HLURB

  1. One (1) photocopy of 2×2 ID
  2. Accomplished application form
  3. Photocopy of PRC receipt and claim stub 
  4. Letter of Engagement from Kwilin
  5. Latest HLURB/PRC Certificate/Licensed broker (employer)
  6. Photocopy of surety bond collected from NREA
  7. Photocopy of OR collected from PRC
  8. Processing Fee: Php288.00
  9. Documentary Stamp: Php15.00
New agents after the PRC and HLURB license ceremony and oath-taking

From getting your CPD units to securing your PRC and HLURB license, Kwilin will be your reliable guide all throughout the process. For further details, visit the headquarter at 27 Andres Abellana Street, Guadalupe, Cebu City or talk to them at 234-9260 or 0917-353-7061 (Globe).

This blog post is written by JP Abecilla – The Millennial Writer. To learn more about him, you can visit his website at or follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also subscribe to his YouTube channel.